Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Some LA Auto Show Highlights



The LA Auto Show

The LA Auto is running wild until December 1st.  I wish I could be there, but alas, I live thousands of miles away in the frozen wastelands of the fabled Canadas.  It’s a dream of mine to go, but for now I’m just going to have to live vicariously through the journalists and bloggers that post content online. 
Here are some of the highlights (as determined by me!).  As always, click on the link for more info!

If there was a strangest car award it would definitely goes to the Youabian Puma.  Absolutely worth a Google image search. 

The new WRX looks pretty awesome and seems to have the specs to back up its rally pedigree... if you ignore the fact that you can get it with an optional CVT. 

Kia revealed the new K900, a rear-wheel drive luxobarge based on the same architecture as the Genesis/Equus.  I don’t know if the world is ready for a ca. $50,000 Kia... but hey, the times are always changing! 

One for my dad to pay attention to: BMW debuts a new generationMini!  However, I think the purists may have an issue with the size increase. 

I must say, I do approve of the new Jaguar F-Type Coupe.  It’s just like the convertible, but it’s not a convertible.  True story. 

Check out the amazing looking Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran TourismoConcept.  It’s thoroughly  sweet looking, but judging by the ground clearance you probably wouldn’t want to tourismo in it over a speed bump. 

I’m not a big fan of SUV’s, but the Porsche Macan could be the perfect family trickster.  I can see one in my garage now. 

Those are some of my favourite exhibits at the 2013 LA Auto Show.  For a good overview of the all reveals, visit Jalopnik.  They have a great onestop shop page for the show.  

Well that’s it for me today.  If you need me, I’ll be glued to my laptop California dreamin’. 

TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment