Sunday, October 6, 2013

Mitsu's, Audi Paintball and In-Law Envy

Another day, another post...

I'm still planning on updating some of the features and design of the blog when time allows... but as we all know the most important thing is content, content, content!  With that philosophy in mind, I'm going to be primarily focusing on posting as often as possible rather than making the site pretty and ultra functional. 

Oh, and you may notice that I pepper all of my posts with links.  Please feel free to click on them as they will provide you with some context as to what I'm talking about or just show you something entertaining... sometimes both! 

Today I was thinking about yesterday's uneventful trip to the second-hand Saab store where I was shown a curious car that has essentially flown under my radar for the whole time I've been a fan of cars.  It's weird because it's a car that ticks a lot of my boxes and is actually kind of nice to look at (at leas in my opinion): the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart.   

I'll admit, I wasn't too crazy about the color of the one they had in stock (a sort of burnt orange) but the overall idea of the vehicle appealed to me.  It's quick, equipped with AWD, and has a good sporty/touring suspension set up... not too harsh, but not a dedicated highway cruiser either.

So, I'm not sure if it's going to make the short list of cars that I will consider when next I am ready to pull the trigger on a purchase, but it's definitely some food for thought.  If anyone's driven one or, better yet, owns one, give me a shout and tell me about your ride.   

Anyway, hats off to the salesman for pointing it out to me.  It just goes to show you that sometimes another set of eyes and ears (and an eclectic stock of used cars) can really turn you on to some new options that you may have never otherwise considered.

Oh, and check out this hilarious and super cool RS6 Avant vs Parkour Man paintball match put together by the good folks at Audi.  Former Stig Ben Collins is behind the wheel, so you know you're in for some good driving!

Oh, also I found out yesterday that my brother-in-law got to get behind the wheel of a new Corvette Stingray.  It was so good he told me he was jealous of himself for having gotten to drive it.  I hope one day to experience one.  I think the fastest car I've ever driven was a 2009 Infiniti G37x coupe that belonged to my mom's cousin... which was very quick, but it would probably feel like it's standing still next to the vette.

This Corvette link goes to a review done by the good folks at TFLCar out of Colorado.  They do some pretty good vids and seem to have a lot more fun at work than me.  They do a new video everyday on their Youtube channel.  I usually check them out in the morning when I'm eating my Golden Grahams... maybe you'd like to too? 
 
Anyways, it's getting late so I'm gonna have to end it here.  Come back again next time for some more fun automotive stuff!

TTFN

  

No comments:

Post a Comment